ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DSM_LOG setting on RedHat 64 bit

2007-10-12 07:55:29
Subject: [ADSM-L] DSM_LOG setting on RedHat 64 bit
From: Peter Hitchman <pjhlists AT GOOGLEMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:54:59 +0100
Hi,
I am trying to use the dsmc client as a normal user, but it will not use the
DSM_LOG env var to create the errorlog into an area into which I can write,
it keeps trying to use the default one owned by root.

I found this note from IBM:

"Setting the DSM_LOG environment variable on Linux86 does not work with
/etc/environment on SuSE and RedHat. Please use the correlating
configuration file on Linux86 to set the environment for HSM daemons."

But my RedHat knowledge is not yet up to understanding what they are on
about, what is the "correlating configuration file"?

Thanks

Pete