ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Deleted DB2 backup still in TSM

2007-10-06 09:51:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Deleted DB2 backup still in TSM
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 09:48:56 -0400
On Oct 6, 2007, at 7:30 AM, Daad Ali wrote:

  1- Is there a way of restoring these database backups?

If it's expired, it's beyond your retrieval capability: the only
recourse is to restore your TSM system to some time in the past,
which is unpalatable, if even possible to the point you may need.

  2- Since they are deleted from the client , how do I remove it from
showing up in TSM.

Are you running Expire Inventory regularly, and allowing it to run to
completion?  I would expect that operation to remove the entries from
the database.  If not, see if any issues reflected in your Activity Log.

   Richard Sims