ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Windows 2000 BMR Restore

2007-10-05 08:00:53
Subject: [ADSM-L] Windows 2000 BMR Restore
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 07:58:06 -0400
I am trying to perform a Windows 2000 BMR restore with TSM 5.3.4.0
client. Both the file system and system object restores are successful.
Upon reboot the server is no longer joined properly to the domain, event
logs are empty and nothing appears under add-remove programs to name a
few of the problems.

It would seem as though the registry is not restoring properly. When I
go into the ADSM.sys folder and browse through to the registry objects
SAM, SECURITY, SOFTWARE and SYSTEM they show with 0 byes.

Is there anything that would cause the registry not to restore properly?
I.E. an exclusion of the system32/config folder under the option set?
This seems to affect several servers that I have tried to restore. Any
help or suggestions would be appreciated.

TSM 5.3
AIX 5.3

Thanks for any help, suggestions advice.