ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] copygroups

2007-10-04 08:28:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] copygroups
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 08:26:20 -0400
On Oct 3, 2007, at 3:51 PM, Avy Wong wrote:

Hello,
      Is there a command that list all the servers with all their
copygroup
information.
I understand that 'q copygroup' give me a list of all the PO,
Mgmt...and
their versions. Is there a way to list the server names on it too?
Thanks.

Avy -

I think you mean TSM clients, rather than servers...
This gets back to TSM concepts, where individual file system objects
are bound to management classes according to explicit Include
specifications, or implicit TSM rules; and the Include specification
of management class can change over time.  Thus, a given client may
have objects bound to a variety of management classes.  There is no
TSM concept of a client itself being bound to a management class or
copy group.

From the client, you can query sample backup or archive objects to
get a representative sense of what management class they are using,
currently.

   Richard Sims