ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM WEB Client failed

2007-10-03 16:50:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM WEB Client failed
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 15:28:31 -0400
On Oct 3, 2007, at 11:21 AM, Shaw, Dan wrote:

This would be a good solution but this is the TSM webclient.
The dsmj seems to come up just fine

Here is the info from the java console.

 java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)

If dsmj works fine, that tells me that Java on the TSM client machine
is okay.  We don't know what environment "java console"
 pertains to, but I expect that it's the Web browser context - where
we have no info on what Web browser or level you are attempting to
use.  Do the usual things in this case:

 - Assure that the Web browser is modern.
 - Assure that Java is installed on the PC and is enabled
   in the browser.
 - Whenever having an issue with dsmcad service,
   check the contents of the dsmwebcl.log for any issues.
   Assure that it contains the message
    Dsmcad is working in   Webclient mode.
   and if any errors, pursue those.

Consider testing your Java via a site like http://www.javatester.org/ .