ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TDP For SQL Error ACO5402E

2007-10-02 15:03:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] TDP For SQL Error ACO5402E
From: bobrains <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 07:42:12 -0700
I have installed TDP for SQL onto an existing system and am receiving error
ACO5402E.  I am also receiving the following error in the Windows Application
event log.

SQLVDI: Loc=IdentitySQLServer. Desc=MSSQL$FTDB1. ErrorCode=(1060) The specified
service does not exist as an installed service. Process=5284 Thread=5332 Client
Instance=FTDB1. VD=.

I have researched the TSM error on IBM's web site and none of the items listed
there as a possible cause are present.  Obviously from the Windows event log it
appears that some part of the SQL install is missing, corrupt or otherwise
unavailable.

Any ideas would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks,
Bob