ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] help, cannot restore files...

2007-10-01 15:03:30
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] help, cannot restore files...
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 15:00:24 -0400
Hi Ben,

I would think the same thing too, but it still doesn't work.  Here is what
I can see:

Location where data resides and was backed up from:
/p01/app/ibm/was/appserver and then it goes to the subdir of
/node01/.../.../...

The only problem is that when a restore is attempted it says it cannot
find any matches, but I can physically see the data within the TSM client.
 It just won't let me restore it.

Here is how it is mounted on the linux server:

chln793|/p01/app/ibm/was/appserver> df -k | grep appserver
/dev/mapper/datavg1-appserverlv 17546044   9112708   8255080  53%
/p01/app/ibm/was/appserver

I guess I'm confused why it won't restore the data.  I don't see any links
to this data.  The only thing is that from the TSM server I do see a file
system that used to exist:  /p01/app/ibm/was/appserver/node01 and I'm not
sure if this is causing a conflict with the restore or not?  Any ideas?

Thanks again!

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems, Storage Mngt Analyst III
Phone Number: (717)302-9966
Fax: (717) 302-9826
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

"Ben Bullock" <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
10/01/2007 02:53 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: help, cannot restore files...

Here is a guess

Check for links in the directory path. TSM will not follow links by
default. Usually when I can't see something down a path, there ends up
being a link (hard or soft) in the path. Once you find the ~real~
location of the data you should be able to restore it.

Ben