ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Scheduling Issues TSM 5.4.1 on Windows Server 2003

2007-09-24 01:48:24
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Scheduling Issues TSM 5.4.1 on Windows Server 2003
From: gsboyle <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 00:50:43 -0700
Team -

I am new to TSM (ex Veritas NetBackUp User) and would like some pointers on a
couple of issues im having.

The environment for TSM consists of a single TSM 5.4.1 Server in IBM
Bladecenter (32Bit) Windows 2003 SP2 Enterprise (8Gb RAM)

The Storage consists of an IBM DS4300 SAN and an IBM TS3310 Storage robot with
(4) Fibre Connected Drives.

I have installed and configured the TSM Server, the ISC and the Admin Software.

I have also installed and configured the clients on several of the WIndows 2003
based servers as clients.

1. I CAN connect to a client and invoke a backup or restore directly using the
TSM client Software, However when I try to schedule any type of backup from the
SERVER using ISC, I receive - Failure Executing Schedule DAILY_INCR, RC=12.

Next Scheduled Event Obtained from Server COBMISPBAK001_SERVER1 (Windows):
 Schedule Name:         DAILY_INCR
 Action:                        Backup Image
 Objects:                       C
 Server Window Start:   22:59:00 on 09/20/2007

2. Also, I have notices that the TS3310 Robot is running SINGLE Threaded.
Meaning that only ONE of the FOUR drives seems to be participating in the
backups even though multiple systems are supposed to be being backed up.

3. I am having issues getting LAN-FREE to work even though I am fully licensed
for that feature set.

Please assist if you can.. I am getting very confised here.

Thanks !!

gsboyle - gsboyle AT msn DOT com