ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] questions on Sessions

2007-09-21 15:09:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] questions on Sessions
From: John Black <sunmansun AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:07:10 -0400
Avy... In TSM whenever you open a browser a "parent" session gets started on
the TSM server. Also when a schedule kicks off a parent session will open.
If TCP/IP failures occur the parent session tries to re-establich
communications with the server.

The main thing to remember is the parent session initializes child sessions
to send data to the TSM server. When you specify multiple backup streams
(using resourceutil option)... each new stream that is generated is a new
child session.

On 9/21/07, Avy Wong <AWong AT mohegansun DOT com> wrote:

> Hello.
>      Can you tell me that it is always true everytime you kick off a
> backup  be it from the server side or client side that it always shows 2
> sessons of the same node on the Command Line Administrative Interface? I
> noticed that WFSB03 does not have two sessions  and thoughput is slow or
> am
> I too impatient? I have kicked off a backup  from the server side calling
> WFSB03 to run the backup now and I only see one session. Any explanation
> for the single session?
> Thanks.
>

> tsm: TSMEARTH>q sess
>
> Sess     Comm.      Sess         Wait       Bytes       Bytes     Sess
> Platform     Client Name
> Number     Method     State        Time        Sent       Recvd     Type
> ------     ------     ------     ------     -------     -------     -----
> --------     --------------------
>     6     Tcp/Ip     IdleW      2.2 M          257       1.5 M     Serv-
> AIX-RS/-     TSMSKY
>                                                                     er
> 6000
>     8     Tcp/Ip     Run          0 S        1.4 M         257     Serv-
> AIX-RS/-     TSMSKY
>                                                                     er
> 6000
>

>   194     Tcp/Ip     IdleW      20.0 H         469         341     Node
> WinNT        MAIL1TDP
>   214     Tcp/Ip     Run          0 S       42.5 K       1.1 T     Node
> TDP Dom-     MAIL1TDP
> ino
>
> 1,802     Tcp/Ip     IdleW        0 S        1.1 G      30.1 M     Node
> WinNT        WFSB03
>
> 2,178     Tcp/Ip     Run          0 S       60.0 K         519     Admin
> WinNT        WONGAV
>
> Avy Wong
> Business Continuity Administrator
> Mohegan Sun
> 1 Mohegan Sun Blvd
> Uncasville, CT 06382
> (860)862-8164
> (cell) (860)961-6976

> The information contained in this message may be privileged and
> confidential and
> protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the
> intended recipient, or
> an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
> intended recipient,
> you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of
> this
> communication in error,
> please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it
> from your
> computer.

Regards,

Sunmansun
Brocade Certified Fabric Professional 4Gbit/sec --BCFP
IBM Certified Deployment Professional -- TSM V5.3
IBM Certified Storage Administrator -- TSM V5