ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Using TSM for SAP on SQL Server

2007-09-20 16:45:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] Using TSM for SAP on SQL Server
From: Charlotte Brooks <lotti AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 13:43:32 -0700
Hi all - I'm the project leader in charge of creating TSM Redbooks and
Papers. We are tossing around a few ideas for projects for 2008, and one
suggestion is how to use TSM to backup SQL Server SAP environments. There
currently isn't a DP for ERP module for SQL Server, therefore it's
necessary to use the standard DP for SQL Server. I wanted to do a quick
poll of
a) who is using this environment
b) anyone interested in participating in such a project? It could either be
done as part of a traditional residency, or "remotely" - that is, at your
home location - I am flexible on that.
Please reply direct to me. At this stage, I'm just gauging interest in this
type of project.
Thanks very much - Charlotte Brooks
IBM System Storage Solutions, ITSO San Jose
email: lotti AT us.ibm DOT com
Ph: (408)-354-6156
http://ibm.com/redbooks