ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Maximum throughput with Windows 2003

2007-09-11 10:00:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Maximum throughput with Windows 2003
From: Kenny <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 06:57:46 -0700
Hi Andy,

Thanks for commenting.

I do plan on using PCIe HBA's. I also am evaluating a 4GB VTL. I do not think
the bottleneck will be at the VTL or the disk array (DMX3).

I am trying to determine the single stream performance. If I mount a single BCV
(NTFS) assuming no bottleneck on the disk array or VTL, what throughput can I
expect?

If I mounted 2 BCV NTFS volumes, can I expect a increase in throughput?

I am not sure what the maximum throughput that can be achieved with a Windows
2003 box versus the maximum throughput that can be obtained with TSM running on
that same hardware?

Thanks,

Pat