ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SQL TDP in MSCLuster

2007-08-31 21:20:57
Subject: [ADSM-L] SQL TDP in MSCLuster
From: Fred Johanson <Fred AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 20:18:57 -0500
It took much work, and we still have on open PMR on the subject, but we have
our first MSCluster up and going.  The one problem is the TDP agent on the
cluster has ceased working.  Master, model, and msdb backup with no trouble,
but the big production DB dies after about 12-13 minutes.  Large, unclustered
DBs, backup on the machine regularly, and we backeup this one before defining
the cluster.

The DBA is sure he has found the solution.  When he starts the backup, this is
the generated command:

BACKUP failed to complete the command USE master BACKUP DATABASE [ProdDB] TO
VIRTUAL_DEVICE=N'TDPSQL-000017B8-0000' WITH BLOCKSIZE=512,
MAXTRANSFERSIZE=1048576, NAME=N'full', DESCRIPTION=N'TDPSQL-000017B8-0000 (TDP
MS SQL V2)'

He's convinced the problem is with the MAXTRANSFERSIZE.  If I would change
that, everything would work.  But it's not a TSM parameter.  He says it doesn't
appear in MSSQL either.  So where does this come from?  Is it really the
culprit?  Support hasn't been very supportive so far, prefering to concentrate
on the cluster.