ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Why virtual volumes?

2007-08-23 10:16:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Why virtual volumes?
From: Keith Arbogast <warbogas AT INDIANA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:13:58 -0400
Richard Rhodes wrote:
"I guess I don't quite understand the situation."

Richard,
I'm sorry I haven't made our situation clearer.  In the current phase
of the project we are building a TSM server in Bloomington to backup
local clients to disk which will be migrated to virtual volumes in
Indianapolis. After migrating local clients to the new server, we
plan to build a TSM server in Indianapolis which will backup nodes
there to disk, which will be migrated to virtual volumes in
Bloomington. Each data center will be the offsite backup and DR site
of the other. But, now that we have virtual volumes working, I am
looking at it and thinking 'yish!'.

With best wishes,
Keith