ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How does a library choose a drive?

2007-08-23 05:38:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How does a library choose a drive?
From: CAYE PIERRE <Pierre.Caye AT ALCATEL-LUCENT DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:36:12 +0200
Hi,

>From my observations, it depend of the action TSM is doing.

For example, when TSM is in initialisation state, there is a validation of all
the drives, in element addresses order.
When TSM is doing an audit libr checkl=y, it work the same
For that cases, and others, concerning ALL drives, TSM seems to act in element
adresses order

BUT when doing recurent task, as backup and so, TSM SEEMS to act as Richard
explain, asking the OS for a drive, so it's the OS which make the choice, based
on it own algorythm.

Larry, what are the reason why you want to know that point ?

Pierre