ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Multi-Core CPU usage on TSM Linux x86_64 server

2007-08-20 16:18:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Multi-Core CPU usage on TSM Linux x86_64 server
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 16:17:20 -0400
The few spikes/slowdowns I recall were during DB initialization but others
have commented about some backups/restores taking 3-4 times longer than
usual.  The CPU spikes are reported by hobbit/bigbrother, our monitoring
system.

Yes, this is a dedicated server. Nothing but TSM running !

Andy Huebner <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
08/20/2007 03:47 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Multi-Core CPU usage on TSM Linux x86_64 server

What TSM processes are running during the spikes?  Is it a dedicated TSM
server?

For example, if expiration is running and your DB is configured well, I
would expect 100% CPU utilization.  On the other hand, if migration is
running and you are seeing 100% CPU, I would start looking for a
hardware or driver problem.

Andy Huebner