[ADSM-L] Library manager still shows REMOTE
I've seen a few hits where the only fix was to
DELETE VOLHIST TYPE=REMOTE FORCE=YES
but where it was never identified HOW the volumes got stuck.
I found one way at my customer site.
MOVE DRM notifies the library manager that the volume is TYPE=REMOTE.
The LOCATION is filled with the servername.
If you SET SERVERNAME on a library client AFTER it's already moved DRM
volumes offsite, there is no way to refresh the LOCATION on the library
AUDIT LIBR doesn't work because it's not in the library.
UPD VOLHIST won't update location on a REMOTE volume,
though it will say the command completed.
Preemptively deleting the volume history can be a problem too,
so manual handling is the only way out.
I've got a PMR open to see if UPD VOLHIST can be enhanced with FORCE=YES
also, or otherwise to allow REMOTE volumes to have location updated.
-Josh-Daniel S. Davis
Certified TSM Implementor