ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Solaris 2.8 TSM 5.3.5.2 and Qualstar XLS library

2007-08-15 12:52:00
Subject: [ADSM-L] Solaris 2.8 TSM 5.3.5.2 and Qualstar XLS library
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 10:50:16 -0600
Folks,

I posted a note a couple of days ago on this topic.  Still struggling
with this a bit.

Solaris 2.8, Sun branded FC Adapters, Qualstar XLS, TSM 5.3.5.2, latest
IBMtape.

We've got the tape drives squared away.

We're still unable to get the TSM Device Driver to bind to the library.
Anybody have suggestions on getting this configuration working with any
other non-IBM library?  I'm pretty sure we're missing something fairly
simple.  We've added a line to the lb.conf file that looks like

name="lb" parent="fp" target=0 lun=0 fc-port-wwn=500084f1000ac65c;

And the WWN is correct for the library.

Thoughts and help as always much appreciated.

(and always remember: Kelly is not a Solaris or any other kind of UNIX
guy!)

Thanks,

Kelly J. Lipp
VP Manufacturing & CTO