ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] query help please

2007-08-15 07:59:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] query help please
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 07:57:28 -0400
On Aug 15, 2007, at 4:44 AM, Gill, Geoffrey L. wrote:

Hello everyone,
I am still out of the country and can't connect to work so I need
some help please. Here is what I'm looking for. I have te below
query that returns a complete list of tapes a node has data on but
I am looking for something that I might add to it that would narrow
the search to tapes that were written between specific dates.

I do have someone back at work who is backing me up that can run
these queries to gather the info but I'm not able to help from
China as my access seems to be blocked from here, not work. Just
try reading about falun gong from here or tiananmen square and
you'd invariably get "page cannot be displayed" before the search
returns anything. If you do get a list 99% of what is returned is
also blocked, while normal searches work just fine.

Anyway, if anyone can help me so I can forward to her I sure would
appreciate it.

select distinct node_name,volume_name,stgpool_name from volumeusage
where node_name='NODE1'

How about VPN access to your site from the Filter All Evil country?
That might work.

You can play with a Select based upon the following example, adding
timestamp range tests as desired...

select VOLUME_NAME, STGPOOL_NAME, LAST_WRITE_DATE from VOLUMES -
where VOLUME_NAME in -
(select distinct VOLUME_NAME from VOLUMEUSAGE where NODE_NAME='NODE1' -
  and STGPOOL_NAME not like '%COPY%' and STGPOOL_NAME not like '%
OFFSITE%' )

  Richard Sims   http://people.bu.edu/rbs/