ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Move TSM Database

2007-08-14 10:24:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Move TSM Database
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:22:13 -0400
no, the volumes you are migrating to do not have to match in size.

-just create new ones. do an extend  db so they are in play, and begin removing
the old ones and tsm will
auto migrate the pages to the new volumes.

>>> naclosagc AT GMAIL DOT COM 08/14/2007 11:17 AM >>>
Thedownside to this solution is that the new volumes have to match in size
to the old volumes - may not be a problem, but if you wanted to take this
chance to change the layout and size of the volumes, this solution would not
work.

--
Andy Carlson
Gamecube:$150,PSO:$50,Broadband Adapter: $35, Hunters License: $8.95/month,

contain information that is confidential, privileged, and/or otherwise exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.  If this electronic message is from an
attorney or someone in the Legal Department, it may also contain confidential
attorney-client communications which may be privileged and protected from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this message in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying is strictly prohibited.  Please notify the New York State
Thruway Authority immediately by either responding to this e-mail or calling
(518) 436-2700, and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.