ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Consultation on TSM DB

2007-08-13 15:54:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Consultation on TSM DB
From: F <aligete AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:37:44 +0200
Al least in the last TSM symposium it was planned for TSM 6.1, due in
last quarter of 2008, to migrate the propietary database to DB2 getting most
of its characteristics, such as online db reorganization.

It will also get a real SQL interface instead of the abstraction layer it
provides
now.

Not related, but interesting in my opinion, was the introduction of
deduplication
in the backup strategy.