ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Simultaneous Write

2007-08-08 16:52:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Simultaneous Write
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 16:49:42 -0400
I have a 5.3.4.0 TSM server and am using simultaneous write for one client
with a huge DB to backup.  Like 300+ GB DB dump.    Backing up over
Gig Ethernet direct to LTO2 tape drives in local IBM 3584 Library.

Onsite and offsite tape pool.  Works well.

I do not have a remote site, so don't know how that works.  I suppose
if you have a good enough pipe, will work as well.

David Longo

>>> "Ribeiro, Ricardo" <Ricardo.Ribeiro AT SCHWAB DOT COM> 8/8/2007 4:43 PM >>>
Hello,
I would like to know if someone has experience using the "Simultaneous
Write" feature of TSM 5.4?
We are thinking about creating a copy_pool on a remote site tape library
and enable this feature to see if we can create the copy tapes at a
remote site directly.
Has anybody done this?
Thanks!

Ricardo Ribeiro