ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Annoying "system not available" message

2007-08-08 12:02:36
Subject: [ADSM-L] Annoying "system not available" message
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 12:00:56 -0400
We are experiencing some A/C issues and had to shut down some of our TSM
servers. Unfortunately, one of them is an old Library Manager.

Therefore, my other servers are complaining that they can not communicate
with it.

8/8/2007 11:52:18 AM ANR8938E Initialization failed for Shared library
3494ATL-2; will retry within 5 minute(s).

These occur every ***5*** minutes and are driving us crazy.

Is there a way to either stop these or change the retry interval ?

Zoltan Forray
Virginia Commonwealth University
Office of Technology Services
University Computing Center