ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TDP for SQL question

2007-08-03 00:55:37
Subject: [ADSM-L] TDP for SQL question
From: Paul Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 14:53:23 +1000
I have been told that if I want to create an "archive" backup of an SQL
database via TDP for SQL, then I should create a separate node name in
TSM (such as "SQL_Archive") and then backup using that node name once a
month (for example) and make sure to bind those backups to a management
class that has the long term settings that meet our requirements.

What else is involved in setting this up? On the client do I have to
create another dsm.opt file with the new node name to match what I set
up on the TSM server?

Regards
Paul Dudley

ANL IT Operations Dept.
ANL Container Line
pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

ANL - CELEBRATING 50 YEARS

ANL DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.