ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] dsmcad process on linux clients

2007-07-31 19:47:33
Subject: [ADSM-L] dsmcad process on linux clients
From: Paul Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 09:22:22 +1000
We are running TSM 5.2

If I perform a TSM restore, archive, backup or retrieve using the GUI on
a linux client the agent process stays behind on the server after I
close the GUI and eventually both it and the dsmcad process dies.

With the dsmcad process gone scheduled backups won't work.

My workaround is to kill the agent process and then start dsmcad again.

Is this a known bug with 5.2 and is there a fix?

Regards

Paul Dudley

ANL IT Operations Dept.

ANL Container Line

pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

http://www.anl.com.au

ANL - CELEBRATING 50 YEARS

ANL DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.