ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Upgrade and Move to new TSM server

2007-07-31 15:56:16
Subject: [ADSM-L] Upgrade and Move to new TSM server
From: Daad Ali <daad_l AT YAHOO DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:03:09 -0400
Hello TSMers,

  I need to upgrade TSM from 5.2 to 5.4 and move to a new hardware and I need
your valued opinion and expertise.

  Little background:
  My TSM DB and Logs are on SAN disks.

  Here is what I am planning to do after shutting down TSM:

  1- Restore mksysb (using NIM) from old TSM server (servera) to New TSM Server
and name it serverb (AIX 5.3 TL5)

  2- Flash Copy (thru SAN ofcourse) the Disks where TSM database and logs are
on servera  to disks assigned to serverb

  3- varyoff and export the volume groups assigned to disk storage pools on
servera. The storage pools should be empty. migrate first.

  4- import the volume groups on serverb
  5- shutdown servera and rename serverb to servera
     At this point I should have serverb look exactly like servera.
  6- Bring up TSM on the new servera
       TSM should come up  as 5.2 on new servera
  7- Upgrade TSM from 5.2 to 5.4

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itsmfdt.doc/anrai5330.htm

  I am hoping I will be in good shape after that.

  Has anyone done this procedure before?

  Your help is greatly appreciated.

  thanks,
  Daad

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot
with the All-new Yahoo! Mail