ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Sharing a 3583 library

2007-07-26 10:41:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] Sharing a 3583 library
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 10:32:25 -0400
I have never shared a 3583 library and drives between multiple TSM servers
that will act as library managers/owners.  I have only done this with my
3494.

Is there anything special about how I should configure a second TSM server
that I want to take control over a 3583 library ?  Is it basically the
same process where the library is defined with unique category codes and
the drives are transfered to the new server and paths are changed to use
the library manager server as a client ?

Or can both TSM servers coexist and share the drives between them ?

Zoltan Forray
Virginia Commonwealth University
Office of Technology Services
University Computing Center