ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Help with script?

2007-07-19 09:21:43
Subject: [ADSM-L] Help with script?
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:18:12 -0400
Hello everyone,

I have a situation with how we back up our NAS environment through NDMP
backups.  We currently have 3 data movers that each have 30 + file systems
mounted on each one.  Each data mover had 2 dedicated tape drives for
their backup/restores.  We used to just enter the backup node command and
submit all of the backup jobs at the same time, but due to resource
constraints on our NAS control station we can no longer submit them all at
the same time and just let them queue.

What I would like to do is set up some type of script/macro that would
start running a backup of the first 2 file systems and then when one of
the backups complete continue on with the third backup job and so on and
so forth.

Has anyone ever written a script such as what I want to accomplish or
something similar?  And would you be willing to show me the logic/syntax
of how you do it?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated!!!!  I know that what I want to
do CAN be done, my problem is I don't have the know how to do it.

Thanks in advance!

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems, Storage Mngt Analyst III
Phone Number: (717)302-9966
Fax: (717) 302-9826
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com