ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] backing up just a few directories?

2007-07-18 13:32:20
Subject: [ADSM-L] backing up just a few directories?
From: Dave Mussulman <mussulma AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:06:49 -0500
I have a few systems I'd like to add to TSM but only backup a few
directory hierarchies.  These aren't always mount points (for example,
the /etc directory under the / mount point.)  Does TSM really not have a
way for me to define "just back up X" without worrying about anything
else on that mount?  I know I can do a

exclude /.../*
include /etc/.../*

but then I get all the directories backed up all over /.  I could append
exclude.dirs for the larger hierarchies (/lib, /usr, etc.) but that
seems awkward too.  I feel like I'm going at this problem the wrong way,
but I haven't found a right way.

I tried putting a non-mount point in the domain line, but the client
didn't like that.  Recommendations?

Thanks,
Dave