ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backup Storage Pool Issue

2007-07-12 11:02:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backup Storage Pool Issue
From: Andrew Carlson <naclosagc AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:50:25 -0500
Is this really a good answer?  I know it's "working as designed", as IBM is
sometimes fond of saying.  TSM knows whats on what tapes.  It seems like,
unless the processing required to do it would be substantial, TSM could
split the processes so this doesn't occur, at least as often.  With
non-collocated tapes, I can see that it could happen sometimes, but I would
think TSM could be smart enough to minimize it.