ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Library manager "frozen"

2007-07-11 13:33:02
Subject: [ADSM-L] Library manager "frozen"
From: "Mari, Julien" <julien.mari AT CGI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:49:45 -0400
Hello,

We are using TSM in a shared environment. We have several TSM instances
sharing drives which are managed by a library manager.

All TSM servers and Library manager are at version 5.3.5 running on AIX
(recent atape driver too)

I had a drive in an unknown state and a q dri f=d showed a tape. But a
double check with the library GUI showed that in reality there was no
tape.

I had that issue once in the past and a deletion and creation of the
drive solved the problem. I did the same thing. Unfortunately during a
delete path I never get the prompt back, and since no more mount.
Impossible to do: q mo, q devc, q path.

Have you seen this before ? Is the only way out is to restart the LM ?

Thanks

Julien