ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Expiration process is running but Data inside tape not deleted (expire)

2007-07-11 10:00:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Expiration process is running but Data inside tape not deleted (expire)
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:58:19 -0400
On Jul 11, 2007, at 7:46 AM, hshahizul wrote:

Hi Dr. TSM

Well... I'm an EMT: the doctors are residents at IBM.  :-)

I have check my TSM Server

TSM 5.3.0.0

You're running base-level code, which is asking for problems.  Never
do that, when v.r.m.0 maintenance is available.  I strongly advise
that you apply the latest 5.3 maintenance.  See below.

AIX 5.2.0.0 ML 01

I have check on the DEACTIVE_DATE from query and I found out a lot of
filespace backup.

DEACTIVATE_DATE is 1900-01-01

As explained in ADSM QuickFacts, this is the "negative infinity" fake
timestamp that the TSM server's expiration prep thread applies to
objects which have exceeded the versions or age policy values, and
are candidates for deletion from the TSM database.  An Expire
Inventory which runs to completion should dispose of such entries.

I would advise applying the latest TSM server 5.3 maintenance, and
thereafter run EXPIre Inventory Quiet=No, letting it run to
completion.  If the resulting ANR0812I message shows no deletions,
review the expiration progress messages in your Activity Log for
issues.  (For that matter, pore over your Activity Log for the past
several days to see if there are unrealized problems.)  If still
stumped, it's one for TSM Support.

   Richard Sims