ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DP for SQL Server manual

2007-07-10 09:44:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DP for SQL Server manual
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:42:55 -0400
Hi Eric,

September 2003 is the correct date for that User's Guide.
It was the last time a "major" release was put out for Data Protection for
SQL.
And you are correct... SQL Server 2005 is not mentioned in there.
Maybe because it wasn't available yet?  :-)
The SQL Server 2005 support was added as a fixtest on top of 5.2.1.
The Data Protection for SQL x64 support was a new package that basically
was the 5.2.1 version of the code rebuilt on x64. It was called 5.3.3
because that was the timeframe of the other releases going out at that
time.

Currently, there are no whitepapers or documentation in regards to
database mirroring. We normally point customers to the Microsoft
documentation, for example:
   http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/dbmirror.mspx
Then, where it says things like "...restore of the principal database with
NORECOVERY, ..."
customers use Data Protection for SQL to perform those operations.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/10/2007
09:24:18 AM: