ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Upgrading TSM server 5.2 to 5.3

2007-07-09 10:39:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Upgrading TSM server 5.2 to 5.3
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 10:38:33 -0400
This is from the README.SRV from the 5.3.2.1 patch level. If you check out the
readme for the 5.3.2.0 base level I'm sure it'll
probably be the same:

Migration and LAN-free Considerations
*************************************

Only storage agents Versions 5.2.3, 5.2.4, and 5.3 are supported by
Tivoli Storage Manager Version 5.3. Before moving to version 5.3, you
must ensure your storage agents are upgraded to one of these levels.

Please note that storage agents at the Version 5.2.x level can not
access shared FILE volumes ( using SANergy ) on 5.3.x servers using
LAN-free protocols. Requests by 5.2.x storage agents are automatically
re-directed to the server and handled using LAN protocols.

Also check the 5.3 Installation Guide. It should list compatability levels.

Bill Boyer
"Backup my harddrive? How do I put it in reverse?" - ??