ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Collocation by group

2007-06-26 08:32:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Collocation by group
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:31:04 -0400
I **think** what might be happening if that since the 2nd node was already
collocated and has data on tape, the backup stg pool is trying to fill the
existing tape with that node's data.

David

>>> Richard Mochnaczewski <Richard.Mochnaczewski AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA>
>>> 6/22/2007 11:16 AM >>>
Hi *,

I am trying to setup collocation by group ( running TSM 5.3.3.0 on AIX 5.2 ML9
). I created the collocation group and added a new node to to it which has been
backed up in TSM before but not using collocation. The first backup as a
collocated group menmber was a "Full" incremental . I checked my collocation
disk pool and the data was in there .Then I added another node to the group
which had been backed up to TSM and was collocated by node. I added it to the
group, ran another "full" incremental, checked if the data as in the
collocation pool  and then ran a backup stgpool to created my offsite tape.
When I check the contents of the tape, only the first node's data is on it. Did
I miss something ? I checked the definition of my collocgroup and both nodes
are present and accounted.

Rich