ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] MS SharePoint backup

2007-06-21 14:06:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] MS SharePoint backup
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:04:58 -0600
We have  been backing up our SharePoint sites with the normal TSM BA
client, but were pretty confident we could never restore it, as all the
SharePoint parts and pieces would not be in sync.

TDP for SharePoint is brand spanking new, in fact our IBM contacts had
to hunt high and low to figure out where the software even was, as it is
not on any download site I could find.

        We have been anxiously been waiting for the TDP for SharePoint
product (which is actually an integration of some software by a company
called www.avepoint.com ).

        Just yesterday we finally got the eval paperwork done and IBM is
shipping us a copy of TDP for SharePoint for us to test out for 30 days
and see if we think it's worth purchasing.

        I'll report on our evaluation to the listserv when we are done.

Ben