ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Export Node and OS Migrations

2007-06-19 17:42:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Export Node and OS Migrations
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:39:23 -0400
An EXPORT is just a copy.
You have your data on an export tape, but nothing else happens.

To get the data "out of TSM", you need to 1) EXPORT the data 2) DELETE the
filespaces for the nodes you have exported.

When you delete the filespace, it deletes the data from the primary tape AND
the offsite tape.  Reclamation proceeds as normal.

If your data is collocated, or your NOVELL data is in a separate storage pool,
look at the MOVE MEDIA command.  It's a way to eject the tapes (solving your
slot problem), and tell TSM you are storing them outside the library.  You
could just leave them that way until you are ready to completely destroy the
NOVELL data.