ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] too many sessions?

2007-06-19 09:01:36
Subject: [ADSM-L] too many sessions?
From: "Haberstroh, Debbie (IT)" <HABERDE AT VOUGHTAIRCRAFT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:59:06 -0500
Good morning All,

Is there a setting that controls how many restore sessions a node can have?  I
had a sys admin start over 89 restore sessions last night.  The node has a
limit of 2 mount points so at first I thought there was something wrong with
the server but when I spoke with the admin he said he had setup that many jobs.
 My server is limited to 120 sessions so I was also concerned that servers
would not be able to connect for backups but a q events shows the jobs
completed, still need to check activity logs.  Do restore sessions work
differently than backup sessions?  Thanks.

Debbie Haberstroh
Server Administration
Northrop Grumman Information Technology
Commercial, State & Local (CSL)