ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] "DISKSCAN" for LTO2 media.

2007-06-17 09:28:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] "DISKSCAN" for LTO2 media.
From: Michael Green <mishagreen AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 16:27:45 +0300
Library: 3584
Drives:  ULT3580-TD2 (LTO2)

I have several tapes that gave me read errors during execution of 'MOV D XXXX'.
I have reasons to suspect that those errors had nothing to do with the
media, but rather with the tape content not matching the DB.

I've restored all those tapes from COPYPOOL and everything is fine now.

Basically I could checkin these tapes as SCRATCH and reuse them. But
I'd feel more confident if I could use a tool a tool that can do
something like "MEDIA SCAN" for these tapes before I reinsert them
into the library.

Does something like that exists for this hardware? Maybe something at
the Atape driver level?

Anyone?
Thanks!
--