ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] How to change the default idle timeout for dismounting volumes

2007-06-15 09:40:42
Subject: [ADSM-L] How to change the default idle timeout for dismounting volumes
From: William Kyndt <William.Kyndt AT MILLER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 14:19:43 +0100
Hi,

We are currently running TSM version 5.3.2 and using a 3584 library.

We have a script that runs daily to eject our offsite volumes to the IO
Station, however at times it fails to run correctly because all drives are
busy. However when performing a q mount we can see that some of the volumes are
no longer been used and are sitting idle.

Does anyone know how to change the default idle time which appears to be 60
minutes before the volume is dismounted?

Many thanks.

William

The Miller Group Limited ? Registered in Scotland - SC018135

Miller Homes Limited ? Registered in Scotland - SC255429

Miller Construction (UK) Limited ? Registered in Scotland - SC209666

Miller Developments Limited ? Registered in Scotland - SC178108

2 Lochside View
Edinburgh Park
Edinburgh
EH12 9DH

Disclaimer:
The Information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee(s)
only. It may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please
notify us immediately on +44 (0) 870 336 5060 and delete the message from your
computer: you may not copy or forward it, or use or disclose its contents to
any other person.

We do not accept any liability or responsibility for: (1) changes made to this
email after it was sent, or (2) viruses transmitted through this email or any
attachment.