ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Extend db question

2007-06-13 21:45:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Extend db question
From: Allan Mills <mill2all AT POLICE.NSW.GOV DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:44:11 +1000
sure does

Allan Mills | AIX and TSM Administrator
Business & Technology Services | New South Wales Police

8835 9286 (internal 29286)
Mob: 0408 860 046

Paul Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
14/06/2007 11:35
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Extend db question

OK - when I run a "q db" the available space in MB is 32,768, the
assigned capacity in MB is 32,768 and the maximum extension in MB is 0.

I assume that this means that I have to run "def dbvol" to create
another database volume file before I can run "extend db"?

Regards
Paul

This
> is to be expected as we are performing more backups than previously.
>
> Is it correct that I should use the extend db command to do this?
>
> The q db command shows that the database is 32 Gb in size. On the
server
> I have 24 Gb of free space so I have room to extend the size of the
> database.
>
> The one thing that confuses me is this statement in the help extend db
> command:
>
> Attention: You cannot change the size of an allocated database volume
> after
> it has been defined to Tivoli Storage Manager. If you do, Tivoli
Storage
> Manager may not initialize correctly and data could be lost.
>
> Can someone clarify this statement for me and confirm that using the
> extend db command is the correct way to do this.
>
> Thanks
> Paul
>

> Paul Dudley
> ANL IT Operations Dept.
> ANL Container Line
> pdudley AT anl.com DOT au
>

> ANL - CELEBRATING 50 YEARS
>
> ANL DISCLAIMER
> This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely
to the
> named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly
> prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the
> sender by return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or
make
> reference to it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any
person.

ANL - CELEBRATING 50 YEARS

ANL DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to
the named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly
prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the sender by return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy,
use or make reference to it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to
any person.

All mail is subject to content scanning for possible violation of New
South Wales Police
electronic Mail Policy. All persons are required to familiarise themselves
with the
content of the policy located on the NSWP Intranet BULLETIN BOARD.

This message and any attachment is confidential and may
be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you
have received it by mistake, please let us know by reply
and then delete it from your system; you should not copy
the message or disclose its contents to anyone.