ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Netware backup include/exclude/domain issues

2007-06-08 12:23:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Netware backup include/exclude/domain issues
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 12:17:53 -0400
It can be done, but it may actually take longer than backing up again:

1) export the filespace you want to move
2) while backups aren't running,
        in TSM, use RENAME NODE to rename the source client to BLAH
        rename the target client to SOURCE
3) import the filespace
4) rename SOURCE back to TARGET
5) rename BLAH back to SOURCE
6) now check the filespace names that belong to TARGET.
   If it's windows, you'll need to rename the one you imported so that the UNC
name of the filespace is \\TARGET\whatever