ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] expiring older versions of files

2007-06-02 10:26:05
Subject: [ADSM-L] expiring older versions of files
From: Avy Wong <AWong AT MOHEGANSUN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 10:23:54 -0400
Richard.
        Sorry I did not make it clear earlier. Basically we only want to
keep 7 days worth of the db filles(the most recent 7 days), any files more
than 7days old can be deleted. Is there a way to go back into the backup
pools to clean house?

Avy Wong
Business Continuity Administrator
Mohegan Sun
1 Mohegan Sun Blvd
Uncasville, CT 06382
ext 28164

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
06/02/2007 10:03 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] expiring older versions of files

On Jun 2, 2007, at 1:21 AM, Avy Wong wrote:

> Hello,.
>          Recently we have decided to change the backup of a db file
> from
> forever to 7days only. When I do a 'q backup \ora_secure_db\*
> -subdir=yes', I see many older versions of the db file backups exist
> in the backup pool. Is there a way to expire the unwanted versions? Is
> there a way to do it based on dates? Thank you.

Did you perform the necessary VALidate POlicyset and ACTivate
POlicyset to commit the TSM server retention policy changes?  And, of
course, EXPIre Inventory needs to run regularly, to completion.

    Richard Sims

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and
protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or
an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of this
in error,
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from
your
computer.