ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DS4800

2007-05-31 12:52:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DS4800
From: "Barnhart, Troy" <TBarnhart AT RCRH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 10:51:45 -0600
We use the following:

 I) p550  - 2CPU - 4GB RAM - 2GB HBA's - AIX v.5.3 - TSM v.5.3.5 - 250 TSM
nodes - about 2.4 TB of daily change - Connected to a DS4800 & 3584 (6 -
LTO2)...

Storage Lun:
RAID5 - 140GB/15K FC Drives - 1.226TB LUN on the full array - 64k segment -
Caches Enabled

Database LUN:
RAID1 - 140GB/15K FC Drives - 100GB LUN on 136GB Array - 64k segment - Caches
Enabled

Log LUN:
RAID1 - 140GB/15K FC Drives - 20GB LUN on 136GB Array - 64k segment - Caches
Enabled

In the next month we will be adding around 120 nodes.

Also, we will be migrating half of the nodes to a second datacenter's TSM
server (nearly identical setup), so that we will have roughly 200 nodes in each
datacenter.

Troy Barnhart, Sr. Systems Programmer
tbarnhart AT rcrh DOT org
Regional Health, Inc.