ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Mixing drive types in logical library 3584

2007-05-31 11:37:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Mixing drive types in logical library 3584
From: CAYE PIERRE <Pierre.Caye AT ALCATEL-LUCENT DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 17:36:30 +0200
Hi all

I think that you will encounter few problems.
Compatibility is not managed as well with TSM.
Unfortunatly, TSM didn't recognize the difference between cartridges. When
mixing two generation with a gap (ie LTO1 and LTO3 or LTO2 and LTO4), it is
recomended to update cartridges of the oldest generation in read only acces.
On the other hand, you wil replace all scratch with cartridges of the latest
generation.

Thanks,

Pierre