ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Point in time restore problem

2007-05-26 09:35:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Point in time restore problem
From: Paul Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 23:34:22 +1000
OK - can I perform an absolute/unqualified incremental backup from the
command line using the dsmc command?

If so then how? I cannot see the correct option to use under dsmc incr.

Regards
Paul

Incremental
> > backup?
>
> No; the two are rather different animals in their intent and
> operation.  The major manifestation of this is the "Last Incr Date"
> report from Query Filespace being updated only when an unqualified
> Incremental backup runs to completion.
>
>     Richard Sims

ANL - CELEBRATING 50 YEARS

ANL DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.