ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Restore Times

2007-05-23 11:50:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Restore Times
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 09:48:27 -0600
I have done some testing on restore times and have concluded that a
Microsoft Windows box can create between 50-60,000 files per hour.  No
faster.  So I would conclude that your restore time is optimum.  Based
on my experience, obviously.  If others have more up-to-date information
about file create speeds, please share.  But I am confident that you
have done what you can do on this particular restore.

For grins, create a very large file and backup and restore that file to
see what you get.  What I have found for small numbers of  large files,
backup time will equal restore time.

Kelly J. Lipp
VP Manufacturing & CTO
STORServer, Inc.