ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Point in time restore problem

2007-05-22 22:25:45
Subject: [ADSM-L] Point in time restore problem
From: Paul Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 12:24:55 +1000
We perform incremental backups each night and occasional archive backups
on our mail server (which is linux OS)

I am currently performing a point in time restore via the GUI for an
account on that mail server. The point in time is last Friday morning.
However the restore seems to be restoring everything that was ever
backed up in that account.

At the time the account was 500 Mb in size - I am restoring this account
to another location on the server and so far it has restored 1.8 Gb of
data.

Why is this happening?

Why is it restoring files that were deleted or moved months ago?

Paul Dudley
ANL IT Operations Dept.
ANL Container Line
pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

ANL - CELEBRATING 50 YEARS

ANL DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.