ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Cannot delete DBS volume from volhistory

2007-05-20 07:52:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Cannot delete DBS volume from volhistory
From: CAYE PIERRE <Pierre.Caye AT ALCATEL-LUCENT DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 13:51:35 +0200
Try del volh t=dbs tod=today force=y

Pierre

-----Message d'origine-----
De : ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] De la part de
Michael Green
Envoyé : dimanche 20 mai 2007 09:02
À : ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

For some reason that is beyond my understanding I cannot delete a db backup
volume of type DBS from the volume history:

09:53:20   TSM-SERVER-3 : q volh t=dbs
 Date/Time: 05/06/2007 08:23:13
 Volume Type: DBSNAPSHOT
 Backup Series: 164
 Backup Operation: 0
 Volume Seq: 1
 Device Class: 3584CLASS
 Volume Name: A00359
 Volume Location: OFFSITE in Vault slot 00431
 Command:
 Date/Time: 05/20/2007 08:22:56
 Volume Type: DBSNAPSHOT
 Backup Series: 1
 Backup Operation: 0
 Volume Seq: 1
 Device Class: 3584CLASS
 Volume Name: AI0103
 Volume Location: OFFSITE in Vault slot 00470
 Command:

Then,
09:56:19   TSM-SERVER-3 : del volh t=dbs tod=today
ANR2467I DELETE VOLHISTORY: 0 sequential volume history entries were
successfully deleted.

Then q volh confirms that indeed, nothing was deleted:

09:58:38   TSM-SERVER-3 : q volh t=dbs
Date/Time: 05/06/2007 08:23:13
Volume Type: DBSNAPSHOT
Backup Series: 164
Backup Operation: 0
Volume Seq: 1
Device Class: 3584CLASS
Volume Name: A00359
Volume Location: OFFSITE in Vault slot 00431
Command:
Date/Time: 05/20/2007 08:22:56
Volume Type: DBSNAPSHOT
Backup Series: 1
Backup Operation: 0
Volume Seq: 1
Device Class: 3584CLASS
Volume Name: AI0103
Volume Location: OFFSITE in Vault slot 00470
Command:

Does it have something to do with the 'Backup Series' parameter?
--
Warm regards,
Michael Green