ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] 'define machine' for DRM, is it necessary?

2007-05-16 10:50:19
Subject: [ADSM-L] 'define machine' for DRM, is it necessary?
From: "Bell, Charles (Chip)" <Chip.Bell AT BHSALA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 09:47:22 -0500
If what you see below is what I have set up for DRM, do I have to set up
machines and associations for my TSM server and clients in TSM? Will this
info not be brought back after mksysb and TSM DB restore (using DRM)?

tsm: TSM>q drmstatus

Recovery Plan Prefix: /drm/plan/tsm

Plan Instructions Prefix: /drm/instruction/tsm

Replacement Volume Postfix: @

Primary Storage Pools: DATABASE_MANAGE DATABASE_MIGRATE

DATABASE_MIGRATE_LTO2 DATABASE_VTL_3592

EMAGEON2_MIGRATE EMAGEON_MANAGE

EMAGEON_MIGRATE EXCHANGE_MIGRATE

EXCHANGE_VTL_3592 INFORMIX_MANAGE

INTEL_MIGRATE META_DISK META_MIGRATE

SANDIRECT_MIGRATE SPACEMGPOOL UNIX_MANAGE

UNIX_MIGRATE

Copy Storage Pools: DATABASE_OFFSITE DATABASE_OFFSITE_LTO2

EMAGEON2_OFFSITE EMAGEON_COPY

EXCHANGE_OFFSITE INTEL_OFFSITE

META_OFFSITE SANDIRECT_OFFSITE

UNIX_OFFSITE

Not Mountable Location Name: Waiting for Courier

Courier Name: Iron Mountain

Vault Site Name: Iron Mountain

DB Backup Series Expiration Days: 5 Day(s)

Recovery Plan File Expiration Days: 14 Day(s)

Check Label?: No

Process FILE Device Type?: No

Command File Name:

God bless you!!!

Chip Bell
Network Engineer I
IBM Tivoli Certified Deployment Professional

Baptist Health System
Birmingham, AL

Confidentiality Notice:
confidential information and intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named in the address. If you are not the
distribution, or copying of this information is strictly
prohibited. If you received this information in error, please
notify the sender and delete this information from your computer
and retain no copies of any of this information.