ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Question about restores (more info)

2007-05-16 06:01:24
Subject: [ADSM-L] Question about restores (more info)
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 10:58:50 +0100
Hi

I'm just using a Unix TSM client. I am going to use the -latest option. So
i understand it will restore the latest copy of a file no matter if its
active or not, but there may be older files on the file system in question.
So I don't really want to say 'skip all files that already exist', I really
want to say 'skip all files that already exist unless the copy in backup is
newer'. The reason for this is that the people who control the client
needing to be restored built the server from some old data they had on
another machine. All very messy.

So, can I tell TSM to restore all files unless it finds and 'older' version
in the dir in question?

Thanks

Farren

The information contained in this e-mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and confidential and intended solely
for the named recipient(s).  If you are not a named recipient,
you must not copy, distribute, or disseminate the information,
open any attachment, or take any action in reliance on it.  If you
have received the e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete
the e-mail.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual sender, unless otherwise stated.  Although this e-mail has
been scanned for viruses you should rely on your own virus check, as
the sender accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any bug
or virus infection.

John Wiley & Sons Limited is a private limited company registered in
England with registered number 641132.

Registered office address: The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester,
West Sussex, PO19 8SQ.